Benefits from exercise, stretching and other healthy habits deteriorate quickly when we don’t stay active. This causes an increase in stress on the body and has a direct impact on how we feel.
When we don’t feel well, it affects our energy, mood, work and personal life.
Exercise, even light aerobic movement like walking, can improve your health, tone your body, alleviate stress and improve your mood.
In addition to staying active, here are several steps to take and tips to stay healthy and feel better:
- Be conscious of your posture
- Stretch and get up for a short walk to break up long periods of sitting
- Avoid smoking
- Stay hydrated with non caffeinated drinks
- Monitor your diet:
- Avoid loading up on simple carbohydrates or salt laden food.
- Choose foods in their natural state like fruits, vegetables or nuts and seeds.
- Lean protein is also a good option to maintain energy and avoid cravings.
Making a positive change doesn’t have to be drastic. Try adding small and sustainable changes to your diet or routine each week to improve wellness. This week, track your posture throughout the day. Next week, every time you remember to sit up straight or correct your posture, try doing a quick stretch.
If you’re looking for additional ways to stay well, we’d love to talk to you in person! We offer free consultations to discuss how we can fit your needs. Come visit us at our new location, 1607 Visa Drive, Suite 1A, Normal, IL 61761, or call us at 309-828-3415.